I loved this book for a number of different reasons!
1. The author. I had already read some of Leigh W Stuart’s previous work and knew how brilliant and talented she is. In The 12 Dares of Christmas, she doesn’t disappoint, on the contrary. She weaves a wonderful, heartwarming story that keeps you hooked from the very first page;
2. The holiday mood and the setting. These are simply adorable;
3. The initial premise. Being the owner of two dogs I brought home from a shelter, I can only perceive Lauren’s initiative as a very noble one;
4. A Knitting Society? Honestly, I don’t know if there’s such thing or if that’s a product of the author’s imagination, but the idea of these women watching a hot guy getting out of a cake has me grinning from ear to ear. In fact, the whole book made me laugh a lot. I love the author’s sense of humour;
5. Dare someone to keep her cold feet (and everything else) away? From a hot guy? That’s funny and holds a lot of promise of naughty bits;
6. The remaining dares and the chemistry between Lauren and Gabe? Totally hot.
So, if you’re looking for a funny, steamy, yet sweet pre-holiday reading, I very highly recommend this book.
The 12 Dares of Christmas is available on AMAZON.
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
Lauren Hall has one wish for Christmas this year—raise money to build a new, no-kill animal shelter for the town of Sycamore Cove. And she is prepared to do anything to make it happen. Even dare a man she just met to perform a strip tease for the local knitting society.
Gabe Nicholson has one wish too—obtain the job of a lifetime to launch his career. Only his wishes get snowballed when his best friend's little sister hands him a pair of stripper pants and a bottle of eggnog-flavored body oil.
It’s all sugar plums and mistletoe until a scandal caused by Lauren’s fundraiser threatens to ruin it all. With Gabe's work opportunities disappearing before his eyes and Lauren's fundraising efforts tanking, their game of dares stands to burn them both. Unless it ignites a spark of Christmas magic.
‘…a Christmas romance that leaves you wishing for your own sexy Ginger-man for Christmas!!!’ Jamie Slayton
‘The romance is smoking hot but retains its sweet innocence. This witty, charming book will win every heart.’ Ann Writes, author of Dork in Love
‘…sultry sex scenes…’ The Library Journal
‘This Christmas novel is a lot like the perfect Christmas pudding - fruity, steamy, and with lashings of good humour.’ Juliet Lyons, author of Dating the Undead
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Leigh W. Stuart was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri, daughter to an English teacher. Although she decided to be a writer by the age of six years old, she later talked herself out of it and went on to study French and German in college. She met her husband in Switzerland (or as she calls it, the Marvelous Land of Cheese and Chocolate), where she studied abroad one year, and they now live there with their two children. Love of reading inevitably transformed into a love of writing and she is thrilled to begin a new adventure as an author of romance.
CONNECT WITH LEIGH
WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER
ANA'S BOOK REVIEWS